If you game on a computer with a controller, you will most likely notice the latency, but what if you can change that to get down to 1 millisecond response time. In this article, I will be showing you how to overclock a PS4 controller.
Want a controller with back paddles without having to pay hundreds for a Scuff or Battle Beaver controller? Check out Best Budget controllers with Paddles
What is overclocking?
Overclocking is when you increase the clock rate of a devise past certified by the manufacturer. This is done to lower the milliseconds of response time, but this will increase the amount of heat emitting from your devices, whether a PC, monitor, or controller.
Is It Good to Overclock Your PS4 Controller?
Yes, overclocking is a great thing for your PC that will increase your speed and performance it will need proper cooling and airflow. I would not recommend an older GPU or CPU, But if your GPU or CPU is newer and you have proper airflow I would recommend Overclocking.
Is Overclocking Your PS4 Controller Dangerous?
Overclocking in a PC can be dangerous without proper cooling. But if properly cooled, your PC should have normal temperatures as controllers; it is completely safe to the user unless your battery is very old.
How to Overclock A PS4 Controller
If you’re ready to overclock your PS4 controller, don’t forget to have it plugged in, and please go through the following steps:
- Download WinRAR. (https://www.win-rar.com/download.html?&L=0)
- Download the Overclocking Driver/ software for the PS4 controller. (https://github.com/LordOfMice/hidusbf)
- Use a USB-C cable to connect the PS4 controller through any PC.
- Extract all downloaded files.
- Open the ‘Driver’ file from the list of extracted files.
- Setup the file and allow all changes requested.
- A new tab appears. Go to the top left, search for ‘Devices.’ Click on the drop-down, choose ‘All.’
- Change to ‘1000’ on the right of ‘Filter on Device.’ Check ‘Filter on Device.’
- Click on Install Service.
- Disconnect the controller and reconnect (Unplug the controller and plug it in again).
- With the ‘Rate’ column at 1000, the controller’s latency can be as low as 1 ms.
What About Overclocking an Xbox
We also have an in-depth article on Tech Tastes talking about how to overclock your Xbox controller.
Click here to see it